Monday, April 16, 2012

Stooge Operator

Twas round mid day and sweltering
When I stepped up to the wheel.
With candor I approached the box
Where an unknown presence I did feel.

Emerged a squat creature
Who cast steely gaze.
The sexless turgid went by Dawn
And had eyes alight with craze.

It announced, “Today, you shall work in a pit
Where trampolines are rampant.”
It was my task to harness children
And bounce them where the sky was lambent.

Off to my post I did make haste
Because my knees were shaking.
The scrooge’s words did chill my soul
But necessary was the money I’d be making.

The sun beat down and clocks ticked on
And soon my back was scorched.
Sweating and parched I was granted a break
To alleviate my thirst.

In my madness I juggled my phone
The screen cracked upon cracked pavement,
And without any lunch I returned to my chair
To offer myself personal debasement.

Time drizzled and darkness crept,
But I fixed on the glowing spin.
With a blistered back I saw beauty
And tired limbs were ignored by my shit-eating grin.

The next day I returned and it was much of the same
But fortune had wheeled in my favor.
Later that week I would operate the beast
That carried entire families in her chambers.

Dawn the crook-pated sent me away,
And it was under Henrik I was guided this day.
Resembling a goblin from Gringotts, he did,
And in the operator’s booth is where I undid.

The space was squashed sized like a closet
And his breath hit me like water from faucet.
Hearing his instructions filled me with trauma
Because this room was a garbage-stench sauna.

Quickly I caught on so that he would leave
And after work off my body a film I would cleave.

No comments:

Post a Comment