Friday, April 13, 2012

Here, in the now.

I like when things are broken – bent, rotten, deteriorating, or incomplete. The beauty of impermanence: wabi-sabi. Whenever I catch tale of a friend, unfriend, or potential friend doing what they love or just doing in general I tend to become stricken with a haphazard feeling. Something a little bit fantastic. Perhaps the tale involves this person creating cakes, necklaces or stories but it could also be mastering a field or studying the unknown. There is a part of me that clutches on to their brilliance. I want to ride their coat tails of application or effort and wind up in their life. I apply my ‘I could see myself entertaining mild success in this vocation!’ type thinking—the rarely effective vapid inspiration has left me with a bit more foresight currently. But I go back to what I know incomplete things. My interest is in a little bit of everything but no grasp of anything. And so I write improper sentences and terrible things because I think it is just amusing enough to cause some sort of joy or disturbance. Enjoy my musings and unfinished thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment